Thursday 11 February 2010

Glass Short Film Poster



As my short film is a fairly unconventional I believe that the best way to represent my film would be to use an unconventional film poster.
In keeping with the black and white theme, I decided to keep my poster black and white.
My poster draws parallels with Frederico Fellini's 8 1/2.



I didn't want to give too much away about the film through my poster. Although film posters are meant to attract the audience by putting the main actors on the front, showing the storyline/ themes etc , I believed that my minimalist approach to my poster would still attract my audience.
I wanted to only give away a little information about the storyline and therefore decided to use the picture of the pills.
This is similar to Billy Wilder's Stalag 17.



I used ideas from other posters most notably Lars Von Trier's controversial film Anti Christ.

2 comments:

  1. your poster is kept plain and simple. Also the background colour is black which is a dark colour which reflects the mood of the trailer which is also dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good poster.
    It represents the film well however the pills look too cartoonish.

    ReplyDelete